Jesus Salvation Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where have you looked?

4 posters

Go down

Where have you looked? Empty Where have you looked?

Post by johnsorensen Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:23 pm

Through out your own life where have you looked for God? Did you find him in those places?
johnsorensen
johnsorensen
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Where have you looked? Empty Re: Where have you looked?

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:57 pm

I looked in alcohol, sex, drugs, the occult, Satan worship, they all left me dry. I never did find God, HE found me and pulled out me out of the trash heap, cleaned me up and found me a willing vessel for His use.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:48 pm

I did not find God either, He found me. God is good at
making something out of nothing, and that is what He did with me, I was nothing
when God found but He as made me something in Him. Praise God my King. Lee
Lee
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 650
Registration date : 2008-02-03

https://jesus-1000.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnsorensen Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:25 pm

Why would God have to find you, when he knows where you already are? Aren't we the ones that are suppose to find him and be ready to except him into our hearts and try to live our lives according to his will?
To become as rightous as possible and the way the Bible says to live.
johnsorensen
johnsorensen
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Male Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:29 am

No. I was not even looking for God at the time. I thought everything was good, my marriage was good, I was going to Church I did not know God but I was putting my time in the pew. I was not hurting very many people. I thought all was good. Then God reached down and showed me my hearts condition, it was then I allowd Him to come into my heart.
God persues the lost not the other way. After we accept Him then we are to pursue Him, hunger for his righteousness, strive to please him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:19 am

When I was saved, it was by force like God saved Paul by
knocking him off his horse and blinding him to get his attention. I was not
looking for god, I was a perfect heathen. I did not know God at the time. I had
only went to church to make my wife happy. I did not care to go at all. I was
way more happy staying home. But I love my wife and she wanted to go so I went.
I guess it was my time to meet with God and get saved. After getting saved, I started
to say things that I did not know where they were coming from, and anything I said
never contradict the Bible. It was totally weird and even a little scary, but I know
it came from God. Lee
Lee
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Where have you looked? Empty The Word

Post by Mandolyn Rain Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:19 pm

God is alive, yes! And He has given us His wonderful written word, the Holy Bible in which He uses to speak to us, and teach us through His Holy Spirit.
Hebrews 4:12
"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." God IS the God of the Bible. The world today will say otherwise, they will say God is in many things- but this is not true. God lives in those who are His, those who are believers in Christ Jesus (born again) But to base God on "feeling" is not very wise. Many can say they "feel God" and they know nothing of Him nor do they seek Him in word and prayer. The enemy can use many good feeling things as tools to get people away from the truth. I know that when I am stuyding His word, and praying to him and worshipping Him He is there. He speaks to me through His word- He hears me through my prayers, and He even works in MANY ways in my life that I do know are of Him- but this is when I am fully in the word, seeking Him in all things- trusting Him more than anything. When our HOPE is in Him, the cares of this world fade so quickly. It is true! God is so amazing. But we must come to Him each and everyday- spend time with him in His word, in prayer....How crucial this is in our walk with Him! I love Matthew 7:13-14 which says "Enter by the narrow gate, for the gate that is wide leads to destruction and many are those who enter by it, but the gate that is narrow leads to life, and few are those who find it" -- We need to continually pray for the Lord's hand to keep us on that narrow path with Him- studying the scriptures, as we know there is ONE truth and that is Christ Jesus- the world will say differently, but we who are saved know that He indeed is the way, truth and life! (John 14:6)
Mandolyn Rain
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Where have you looked? Empty Tast of His Love

Post by Lee Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:45 pm

It is so refreshing to see such great post and I know by your
post that you are truly filled with His
Spirit. It is so true that we are to walk with Him every day and spend time in
His word. As soon as you turn your life over to Him, that is the end of you,
you don’t exists anymore. It is all about Him now and your thoughts should be ‘How
can I serve Him better, to be a stronger Christian growing and growing until
you are over flowing with His Spirit to the point that all you want to do is serve
Him day and night. To be next to Him is the most precious thing that I have
ever experienced in my entire existence. I wish that I could let the World
taste just for a moment the love that Jesus has to offer and how awesome it is
to be in his prescience and be filled with His Love. I think there would be a
great repentance and a turning to God that would rock the World of it’s hinges.
But unfortunately the World will not turn to Him or taste of is Love. The majority
will enter through the wide and the broad Gate. Lee
Lee
Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anastasia Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Welcome Mandolyn Rain, Yahweh has really Rain on you. I agree with every word you have spoken; you truly are sent to us from above. Yes it is the same with me, I can see Yahweh all around me, answering my prayers seeing how he deals with the wicked who cheat on their spouses. I can see them age right before my eyes and get ugly with sin. I recall PS. 91 some times it takes a while, but you see the wicked fall It makes me sad some times, but Yahweh shows me this as to tell me do not go in their path and flee from them. All my prime time He gets for it is His time. I always say I must decrease while He must increase. If people only knew how exciting it is to give Yahweh all the time of your life that you can; they will feel His presence everywhere they go, as David did when he say thou I make my bed in hell You are there. Let me give you a proper welcome, which your are so deserved of a blessing. Anna
Anastasia
Anastasia
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 4196

http://www.yeshuastruth.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandolyn Rain Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:23 pm

Thank you guys! And Lee, did you mean to say the marjority will enter the WIDE gate? (Matthew 7:13-14) I knew what you meant though- LOL
Very Happy
Mandolyn Rain
Mandolyn Rain
Servant ||||
Servant ||||

Female Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down