Jesus Salvation Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex 18:15-16

Go down

Ex 18:15-16 Empty Ex 18:15-16

Post by clark thompson Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:02 am

Exodus 18:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 And Moses said unto his father in law, Because the people come unto me to enquire of God:
16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws.

Exodus 18:15-16 New Century Version (NCV)

15 Then Moses said to his father-in-law, “It is because the people come to me for God’s help in solving their disagreements. 16 When people have a disagreement, they come to me, and I decide who is right. I tell them God’s laws and teachings.”

New Century Version (NCV) The Holy Bible, New Century Version®. Copyright © 2005 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

15 When we have people come to us seeking God’s help it is hard to turn them away and best not to but it doesn’t mean we cant turn them to others or for us to seek added help to help them. Moses shouldn’t have sent anyone away but he was doing more then he could handle by himself and we need to make sure we don’t get to that point with helping others.

16 The people needed to learn God’s laws so that they could live by them without Moses. Moses did good by going to the word of God and we need to do that first when we are unsure of how to handle something.

clark thompson

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-08-29

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum